Halloween Math and Literacy Activities

I LOVE FALL!
 

I love everything about it. The colors, the smell, the clothes, the food, the feeling, the weather, the holidays. I love celebrating Halloween in class. (Well, let's be honest - I love celebrating all holidays in the classroom.) I am very fortunate that we are able to celebrate Halloween (and all holidays) in our school and district as long as we relate it to Common Core.
I can't believe that I never posted about this but after A LOT of time and energy, I finally got my Halloween math and literacy unit finished last weekend!


This is a great unit to use in your classroom in the month of October. Included are:
9 Literacy Games/Centers -
-Sentence Scramble - sight word sentences
-Beginning Sounds
-Boo! Game - practice letters and sounds
-Boo! Game - practice sight words
-Boo! Game - practice CVC words
-ABC order - Letters
-ABC order - Sight words
-See and Spell - Best guess spelling
-Read and Clip - choose correct sight cvc word

6 Math Centers
-Count and clip - Count objects 1-10 and clothespin correct number
-Count and write - Count objects 1-10 or 11-20 and write correct number
-What Comes Next? - Write the number that comes after the number shown
-What's the Word? - Identify number words to 20
-Spooky Patterns - Complete the AB or AAB pattern
-Ten Frames Fun - Count the number in the tens frames
Just click below to go to my TPT store and grab yours!


I hope everyone enjoys this beautiful FALL day. (Yep. I can say that because it really is FALL now!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment