And the next holiday is...

Dr. Seuss' birthday. That counts as a holiday right? I mean, I have to have a "theme" to decorate my room. It looks so bare once Valentine's is down so I am on to Dr. Seuss very soon! I like to spend the whole week before his birthday doing fun (and educational of course) activities related to his books. I've been stalking checking out ObSEUSSed lately. Have you seen her blog? WOW! I love it!

obSEUSSedButton

So as I am planning this week, here are a few things I am definitely doing:

I LOVE this from First Grade Fresh to go with Oh the Places You'll Go.


I thought these were good for Cat in the Hat:


A fun math activity from Lil' Country Kindergarten


I am SO doing this for one of my kiddos scrapbook pictures for March:


We always doing something school-wide for Read Across America Day. This year each teacher chooses a book and craft to do. Students can sign up to visit the classroom of their choice for the 45 minute block. I am doing the Lorax.


I found this cute craft. I can't wait!


Our sweet lunch ladies are making these for each kiddo on that day. We have the BEST cafeteria staff!


I am working on a Dr. Seuss unit that I would love to finish up this weekend! I have found tons of units I have in my cart on TPT and hoping to make a decision which ones I will purchase and use that week. What are you doing for Dr. Seuss' birthday?

7 comments:

  1. So fun! I can't wait to see pictures of what all you end up doing! :)

    Sara
    Kindergarten Is A Hoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ideas! I love the Lorax activity. We've had so many celebrations lately that I'm thinking we might as well add a Leap Day celebration the week of Dr. Seuss' birthday! Thanks for including a link to my Cat in the Hat 100's chart.

    Blessings,
    Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course it's a holiday! Great activities - the drinks with the Swedish Fish are my favorite. I wish our cafeteria would do something like that!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know where I can find the pattern for the Thing 1 and Thing 2 body? I would like to make these this week.

    Thanks,
    Angela :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The decor you have done in your room is very beautiful. Its nice to read that you spend a whole week with Dr. Seuss and doing some fun activities. Thanks for sharing your routine with us. keep sharing more blogs of what you can do next or how you spend your time in kinder garden. Now its time to avail star labs Chicago for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas are shared. The holiday tips are interesting. The content is good to read and share. Unique designs are fascinating. Now have a look at buyers products online.

    ReplyDelete