Why can't I relax and enjoy?

Okay...I would LOVE to know why I have spent every nap and every night after my little one goes to bed WORKING ON SCHOOL STUFF???? What on earth is wrong with me. I am on my 2nd full week of summer and I haven't taken 1 day off. All I can think about is: my classroom for next year, creating units for TPT, reorganizing my room, etc. I have much bigger things on my plate like: I have no where to live in 28 days....scary, huh? I am trying to make sure that all of my time when Lilly is awake that I am playing with her, but as soon as she is down...I'm "working". Please tell me I'm not the only one?
I am SO going to "The Lowes" and getting one of these:
So I am make one of these:


I'm gonna label each drawer with vinyl stickers using my:

I've been pinning like crazy. You can call me an addict. It's bad. Really bad. 

Hate that!

I'm really afraid I will wake up in August (August 8th to be exact) and feel like I didn't have a summer at all because I was constantly thinking school, crafts, and schedules! Oh well...at least my classroom will be cute and AWESOME!

7 comments:

  1. I am so with you!!!! I am constantly on the computer searching for new ideas. You are not alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the same way!! It will all work out in the end and I sure somewhere in there you can have a hour of summer, maybe even a full day :) !!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! I hear ya!!! I'm doing the same and it's was driving me nuts but I decided to make a list, make one thing a week and also try to take some time off:) I started a weekly Monday linky for teachers to link up their Pinterest or other crafty inspirations they make. I had to do that to keep me focused...lol. If ya do make something, I would love it if you would pop by and link up:) I'm gonna try to enjoy the summer too because August will be here before I know it!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same....we aren't even out for summer yet and I'm working on stuff for next year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right there with you...the sad part is that once school starts again all I'll be able to think about is summer! Weird how our brains work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am fixin' to sllllloooooowwww down with friends and family at the beach for over a month. So, right now I am on project mode! Today I spray painted my rocker KEY LIME green and added some Lilly Pulitzer gators to the back of it. I purchased a "tool box" and of course HAD to spray paint that puppy too. I am ready to make my labels this afternoon! I also crafted 4 grosgrain ribbon/ric rac bookmarks for my beach trip gifts to the girls! Oh how I adore summer! Oh, and throw in some strawberry rice krispie treats today too! Headed out back to do another layer of mod podge! Yaaay for time to do "stuff."

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a maniac, too!!! It is consuming my every moment. We must have a disorder! We need to make a vow to RELAX!! Summer will be over and we'll be burnt out by September!

    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete