My Teacher Toolbox...Completed!

Woo Hoo! I have finally completed my teacher toolbox. I am linking up with 4th Grade Frolicks and her Made It Monday linky party!
After getting a lot of inspiration from Create*Teach*Share I decided to make my own teacher toolbox. I purchased mine at Lowes for $16.99.
Knowing that the navy didn't match my decor, I spray painted it green. **Note to self: Sand before spray painting plastic. I was lazy and didn't. It just took about a week to dry completly.
Then I got out my cricut
and my vinyl
I got busy. I almost left the drawers clear without paper but decided to go get some of this from Hobby Lobby:

And here is my final product. I'm pretty sure I like the paper instead of the clear.


It is kind-of hard to read some of the fonts in the picture, but not in person. I'm the only one who will be using it anyway. :)
Only one mishap:

Yep...that's green paint that hadn't dried stuck to the dining room table! Oops! Luckily we weren't using this table in our new home anyway! Make sure you check out Made It Monday...there are TONS of cute things over there!
I'm also linking this up with Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera because I have decided I HAVE to have an Erin Condren planner. She's having a giveaway for a $50 giftcard to Erin Condren and it isn't by coincidence that the planners cost $50! :)

14 comments:

  1. So super cute Sarah!!! Love how your teacher toolbox turned out;))) Thanks for linking up with the fun!!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are super crafty! Thanks for the tip about spray painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box is so cheerful! You did a great job on it!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the polka dot paper. I'm currently in the process of decorating clip boards and I'm using polka dots on a few of them.


    Swimming Into Learning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your polka dots! Thanks for linking up. Good luck.

    ✿Michele
    Miss Nelson's blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea to use vinyl and your cricut!! I am obsessed with mine!! It looks fabulous!!
    Nicole
    http://rowdyinroom300.blogspot.com/2012/06/alphabet-organizer.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your toolbox turned out wonderful! I am so jealous you have a cricut!!

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how yours is green; It looks fabulous. I wish I had a cricut!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, you have inspired me!! I already have the box and a Cricut!! I wonder if a spray primer would help...might give that a try.
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I am loving your toolbox! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. Polka dots are such a fun way rode orate. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is too cute!!! I love the dots! How did you get the paper to stick?

    Elisabeth
    www.missdelk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete