Reading Words Around the Rainbow

I super excited I just posted my "Reading Words Around the Rainbow" unit!

I am cracking up because I posted about working on this unit here in September of 2011. Yeah. It takes me awhile!!! :) We teach our sight words according to the colors of the rainbow. We begin with red and work through to purple. The kiddos are rewarded as they pass one color. They get to color in their rainbow (also included in the unit):

As well as move their name to the correct color on the rainbow:


As well as punch their card (made from vistaprint) - purple is at the top:

They love this and it really encourages them to work hard to get to the next color! I hope you like it! Just click here if you are interested in getting this for your classroom! I would also love it if you would follow my store!

12 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great way to teach the words. I love how you have the kids move their name on the rainbow. Thanks for sharing and love the cards from Vista Print.

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful- what a great incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooo much this is and for parting with me at Transitional Kinder :)

    Melissa O.
    Transitional Kinder with Mrs. O

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found you through the facebook party. i am following you know. feel free to come over and get by freebie! www.kindergartencafeteria.blogspot.com
    thank you for your wonderful freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! I'm your newest member!

    Nicole
    lanierlions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!! thanks for sharing!

    I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll check out my new "manly" teaching blog!

    Greg
    Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love this idea!! Do you have an introduction letter for the parents? The packet contained a letter for each level except for the first red set of words... also do you have a more detailed explanation of how you teach this? We usually teach two words a week in our kindergarten classes and this sounds like such an interesting idea I'd love to learn more!!
    Thanks!
    Steph sgies328@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea...looks like I missed it this time
    but thank you for offering! This is a terrific visual for my special kids!

    Mendy
    mkschanck@baschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waaa as a West Coaster I missed it!! What a great product!!

    Danielle
    dnll.brown@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great idea! I love how colorful they are!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is precious! I just found it from a comment you left on Erin's blog. I wanted to tell you that I added a gingerbread unit last week (I noticed you're working on one) and I would gladly send it to you for free. Send me an email from my blog. You can click the link below to get there. Check it out here.

    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Back-to-School-Fun-with-The-Gingerbread-Man

    I am your newest follower.

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete