Cuteness and Themes

So I don't do a "theme" each year. A few teachers have a theme each year (monsters, rock star, jungle, etc). I don't just because I don't want to spend all of the money each year re-doing my room and spending more $$$$. Last year I just went with a general polka-dot theme.






It's kind of a hodge podge of polka dots and primary colors. I might not do a theme, but look what I found!! The FABULOUS Crystal from Kreative in Kinder is SUPER DUPER talented. She has been working her booty off on creative themed classroom sets and she has a POLKA DOT set that I LOVE. (Click on pictures to go to her store and grab your own copy.)


She also has a Dr. Seuss theme, owl theme, zebra theme, and a rainbow theme coming soon. And are you ready for this...the price...$8.00. Oh! And they are on sale for $6. If you bought all of this from the teacher store it would be over $50. Just sayin'.

8 comments:

  1. Your classroom is so cute- love the banner and I am so jealous of your rug. I am changing to an ocean/polka dot theme and this package will fit right in-thanks for posting about it!
    www.kindertrips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My theme is called "colorful" and "what I like" lol! I think a hodge podge makes a super cute classroom!! ;)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Mrs. Cupcake :) Colorful is my theme. Your classroom looks great!

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  4. My theme is a hodge podge too! Lots of primary colors, but no real rhyme or reason! :)
    Lisa
    Fourth and Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto about the hodge podge! I just pick out fun colors and things I like too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Polka dots are so fun! I had an ocean theme last year and it was the first time I did a theme. I liked it, but I don't know that I loved it. Everything didn't flow as well as I imagined. Because of the students i'll have next year I decided to change my theme & "tone it down" some. I'm sticking to the simple- clouds & sun with yellow and light blue as my colors.

    I think I'll be using some polka dot items to fill in other places! I can't wait to see what you do with your new polka dot set!!

    Erin
    Creating & Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had a frog theme since my second year teaching and I haven't changed it because it would be too much money/work to change each year. I am glad I am not the only one who stays the same each year. I did see on Crystal's FB page that she plans to work on a frog packet. I might just have to do some frog themed updating this year! :)

    ReplyDelete