11 in 11

I cannot believe another year is gone. Where does time go? It seems to go so much quicker now that I have a little one. I am joining up with Kristin at A Teeny Tiny Teacher for her 11 in 11 linky party.


 
 
11. Favorite Movie you watched

Footloose...love.me.some.dancing. I ADORE any movie with dancing.  Like I am totally obessed. And just so you know..footloose is my favorite song. Everytime I have too many a drink while we are boating I have to flip to Footloose and break.it.down. My hubby took me to see it and I warned him I would have a hard time not getting up in the theater and busting a move...I think he was a little scared! (Can we say I would die for her body?)

10. Favorite TV series


I don't watch a whole lot of TV. I'm on Pinterest too much, but one show I DVR every week and watch is Modern Family. I LOVE Cameron. He cracks.me.up. Like pee in your pants laugh. I cannot get enough of him and I seriously need him as a BFF in my life.

9. Favorite Restaurant

Okay...I so DON'T eat Sushi or anything "fancy" at all, but I love this place near our hometown. It is a hibachi grill that is FAB.U.LOUS. I get teriyaki chicken but oh.my.goodness. It is a heart attack waiting to happen, but yummy!

8. Favorite new thing you tried.

Having a teaching blog. I've had a personal blog for 5 years or so, but once I found teaching blogs I knew I had to do it! I've had so much fun and met so many AMAZING teachers. Y'all have the best ideas ever!

7. Favorite Gift Your Received
Hmmmm. This year...that is hard. I have a wonderful husband/family. The most recent gift I got for Christmas that I am oh so excited about are these frames from Poppy Tree Frames


My mom got me 3 and it's a small addiction. I need more! Aren't they cute? They come in all of these colors? I got them in sweet pea, timber wolf, and pink parfait. I gotta get more!


6. Favorite Thing You Pinned

Uh...I'm addicted to Pinterest. I love it!!!! I love everything I've pinned. The one I have referred to the most lately is this picture (hence the frames I got for Christmas). I want this exact wall in our new house!


5. Favorite Blog Post

Probably the post where I introduce Holly Bloggy Christmas. How much fun was that?

4. Favorite Accomplishment

I think opening my Teachers Notebook store. I've been creating things for years for my classroom but never posted anything for sale. I'm a little slow because I've had to re-do things to make sure I'm not breaking any copyright laws!

3. Favorite Picture

Any picture of my little girl I am all about. I think she's pretty stinkin' cute.

2. Favorite Memory

Hmmm. I have lots but this is one I will never forget. I worked so hard to plan the PERFECT birthday for my daughter. I really enjoy doing it. It is stressful but worth it in the end. I got the cutest cupcakes made for Lilly to take to her class at daycare. Well, my sweet husband let her carry them in. She was 2. Picture a 2 year old carrying her big box of cupcakes in to class, carrying the box sideways. He texted me and told me that he wasn't sure what they would look like but he let her carry them in. I swear I almost had a panic attack. I texted her teacher and asked her if they looked bad. She texted me the picture and said "I'll let you be the judge".

I can laugh...now. I sure as heck wasn't laughing then. They said she was so proud carrying them in. I am grateful for a husband who doesn't care about the "look" but instead of how proud she was! :)

1. Goal for 2012

Personal: Get fit/lose weight (yeah...I say that every year, but this is the year), Be a better Christian (go to church more consistently, be kinder to others, give more), Be a better mom and wife

School: Create more units and implement them in the classroom. Try to use less worksheets and more fun activities.

5 comments:

  1. Okay, the cupcake pic had me laughing out loud!!! :) Too funny! Those little girls can get those daddies to do just about anything we would never let them do!!! :) Cute story!

    Live Laugh and Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up!!!
    I love Shogun! I may get to go tomorrow night. I could just eat the salad and rice and be good. YUMMY!
    I haven't seen the new Footloose but the original is one of my faves.
    Those poor cupcakes!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still laughing at that cupcake story. I certainly believe it. The craziest - well one of the craziest Show & Tells I had was a kid bringing his goldfish in a bowl of sloshing water. The 2 ferrets thrown into the room causing kids to scream and run - was the 1st craziest - or maybe the kid bringing his parakeet to school in his backpack unbeknownst to his mom. I hope you'll visit my blog. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daugher is adorable!

    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out when you have time!

    http://inspiredbykindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete