Read Across America Fun

So I consider the next holiday after Valentine's Day to be Dr. Seuss' birthday Read Across America Day. Yep. I'm a little scared to use Dr. Seuss' name in anything. They are suing the fire out of people from what I hear, so I just won't even talk about it! :) Last year I created a Dr. Seuss unit before they did a cease and desist and insisted on all Scrappin' Doodle Dr. Seuss clipart be removed. :( I loved that unit, so I just changed the clipart to Circus clipart that still looks similar and matches the color theme! Here is it:


This unit is full of great activities to use during the Dr. Seuss Read Across America holiday.

 
You get the following math and literacy centers:
 
 
We look very much forward to celebrating this author. Here are a few things we have planned for our classroom:
 
We have already started these from First Grade Fresh. LOVE!
 
 
I will use this frame I used last year again to take their pictures for their scrapbook.
 

Our school is doing a whole Read Across America theme next week as well! We really go all out. I've been reading Dr. Seuss books like crazy. We need all the help we can get with rhyming words! Whew!

1 comment:

  1. We're getting ready for the Dr., too. I'm liking your centers. vhair61215@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete