- As parents register their child, we give them a gift bag that includes a T-shirt, upcoming dates, parental information and newsletters.
- They then sign up for an assessment date (in April) to have their child play "fun games" in which we assess what they know.
- On this date, we assess their child on letters, sounds, colors, rhyming, counting, number recognition, beginning sounds, and sight words. They then meet with the principal so he/she can discuss what they need to be working on and are given a handout on how to do this. This is where we can really stress those kiddos that need to be working on their letters over the summer.
- In May we have an ABC night with free food and activities to teach students and parents ways they can read with their child and work on letters/sounds.
- In June we have a 123 night in which we do the same except with numbers.
So..here is my question - Do you do anything to prepare students for K or any type of pre-registration? I would love any ideas, websites, handouts, etc. I'm looking for a couple of things to jazz this up a bit. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer then!